A. Mandatory Items
- 1 pillow case
- 2 single flat sheets or 1 sleeping bag
- 2 towels
- Bathroom articles (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, personal items)
- Comb, brush or kanga
- Handkerchief / tissues
- Sufficient underwear, socks for 5 days
- Appropriate head gear for Darbar Sahib (turban, patka, chuni)
- Appropriate clothes for Darbar Sahib
- Suitable change of clothes for 5 days including warm clothes and shorts & T-shirts (preferably with collar)
- SIKH BANA / TRADITIONAL PUNJABI OUTFIT - (for both males and females) for special Summer Camp event.
- At least 2 pairs of old track shoes (1 pair of which will get wet)
- Thongs / Reefs – may be worn to showers/pool
- Broad brimmed hat
- Raincoat or wet weather gear
- Swimmers & sunshirt to prevent sunburn while swimming
- Swim Caps
- Plastic bag (for wet and dirty clothes)
- 6 clothes pegs
- Roll-on insect repellent
- Personal supply of SPF 15+ sunscreen
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENT – do bring along your guitar, violin, flute or triangle – anything that can add some flair to the kirtan!
B. Do NOT bring
Jewellery, electronic games, spray cans, “junk food”. Any attendee found in possession of contraband (drugs/alcohol etc) will be dealt with severely and appropriate authorities and parents will be notified. SYA takes no responsibility whatsoever for any items lost or stolen during the Summer Camp.
All medication should be clearly labelled with the child’s name and indicate the dosage and times required. These are to be provided to the Summer Camp Nurse and collected and stored in the clinic. All medications are taken under the supervision of the camp supervisors.